Alma 7:13 (My Mission Scripture)

"Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me." -Alma 7:13

Monday, August 10, 2009

Coming Face-to-Face with Reality

Sometimes I doubt myself, call it being a part of the human-race. However it my mind it's just another everyday thing that I come face-to-face with. “No big deal!” Right!?!?! I tend to doubt my abilities, my courage, my strength, and most of all, my ability to show compassion to others. I don't want to continue to be someone who just passes everyone else by and acts like nothing has happened within my world to change and transform me into the person I am today. No, I am determined to be different! In an excellent way. How do I go about this? I am determined to live my life for Christ, because I know that He is the only one who can truly take all my junk out of my hands and out of my control and take everything and mold it like clay into whatever He wants. Then the question I should be asking myself is, Why do we continue to doubt things within our lives?



I want to help one of my friends, not just in some selfish way of becoming a Mormon. Or finally finding the truth. Especially since I have just found the truth myself. I wanted to help her find something to Believe in. Something so Big, and so Powerful, Loving and Beautiful that nothing could possibly be better.

Someone once explained the Savior's love to me, as being greater than anything else that you could possibly think of that you could possibly gain on this Earth. Better and Greater than Sugar, Exericse, Alcohol, Tobacco, or Anything else even imageable.

My question to anyone out there reading this is... How do you go about explaining that to someone? This is what I'm trying to learn and aquire. And Man... it's frustrating trying to figure this stuff out in your own head. Let me tell you! Ugh!
Praying and Reading the Scriptures. That's the only answer to this question, that I can possibly think of. Heavenly Father will lead me on the correct path. He promises that he will. (Proverbs 3:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment