Alma 7:13 (My Mission Scripture)

"Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me." -Alma 7:13

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Why Idaho?


Last year, about this time of year. I was trying to figure out what next to do with my life. I visited Salt Lake City and Rexburg, Idaho and prayed about the trip on the plane back to Kentucky. I knew that the spirit I felt on BYU-Idaho's campus was something way different than anything I had ever experienced. However I couldn't figure it out exactly.


A year later, looking back I know that coming to Rexburg, Idaho has been one of the best decisions I could have made in my life. I came out here not knowing a single soul, not having a single idea of how I was going to make it 1,770 miles across the country by myself with family support, but the Lord provided. I shipped my car (which was an experience within it's self), shipped lots of clothing, bought a plane ticket for myself and a friend and left the day after graduation to become a College kid the next day. I honestly think that at this point I am finally starting to get use to the dramatic change and move. Leaving friends and "family" was difficult, don't ever believe for a second it wasn't. It's just the fact that I knew that Heavenly Father was helping me out with every single last detail. Even the things I didn't even think about was amazing! I def. without a doubt have a testimony now of the impact of Relying on the Spirit.


Updates... ok now that my story of moving is covered... My roommates probably think I'm crazy. Oh wait, duh! They already know that. I'm having a great time with them. Going to the Dunes, shopping at Wal-Mart (haha... Rexburg!), going to Idaho Falls. I've been in Idaho for almost two weeks now and they have been amazing!!! Alright, so I've been a bit... okay... a lot "Guy Crazy" lately. Honestly, trying to apply for jobs and still getting everything settled from the move is crazy. I miss my friends and I have a need to meet so many people. That's just part of who I am. It's been so much fun already of being a College kid without the actual College work. I'm so thankful for my blessing in my life and for having the Church within my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment