Alma 7:13 (My Mission Scripture)

"Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me." -Alma 7:13

Friday, November 25, 2011

Mission Adventures





On the mission to go on a mission things have been pretty rough, recently there have been nights where I lay awake thinking about how my life would have been changed if I would or wouldn't have listened to the Spirit, which is so strongly present in my life. Though being so happy with where I'm at as helped.

Giving up being in relationships, spending money on dumb things, just understanding the presence and the knowledge as to why I'm here as all contributed to the peace that I now have with me everyday.


I made three goals after my ankle surgery and have stuck to them for the most part:
1) Attend the Temple at least once a week, but try to go twice.
2) Do more Family History work
3) Do P90x and get more in shape, eat better before I go on the mission
(Working on this one b/c of the ankle, I am now in a boot... which makes it difficult to be physically active!)

These goals have helped to make sure that throughout the trials I have been facing, it makes it easier to avoid the influences of the adversity, keep my eyes on the prize. (Mission!)

I have my Stake President interview next Tuesday and hopefully everything goes well... not because I'm a sinner, yet all the health concerns that I carried around like a heavy backpack could possibly slow me down. Praying that everything works out, it as to this point. So why would I be getting up hope now?

If you told me 2 yrs ago that I would join the "Church of the Mormons"- The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints, I would have laughed in your face called you crazy and walked away. But its been the biggest influence in every decision I've made following it and I wouldn't change a bit of my past or a but of who I've become because of the things I've endured. It hasn't been easy by a long shot, it has definitely been so worth it!!! I have the opportunity to teach those who have been searching for truth in their lives, just as I was. Even though I know I will have doors smacked in my face no matter where I'm called, I know that this gospel is true and there is one person on mission I will find and help! I was that "one" a while ago, now its my turn to give back. I have endured a tumor in my jawbone, an ankle surgery after 4 sprains... being on crutches for 6 wks. I have gone through people telling me that I just need to give up, go back to Kentucky or get married. I have endured Hell in return for nothing more than the comfort of knowing that my Savior cares, that serving a mission is something that He wants me to do at this point in my life. The adversity has thrown so much at me and those around me, I know that this is based on the simple reason that I have been fighting this fight since before my existence on earth, we can all defeat Satan and his ways.

Now it is my time to seek out why I am here to help others, teach them the things I have learned. It will not be easy, as was the past. But definitely worth it, so much! I hope that all of you who read this blog entry will know and understand the seriousness I have behind my testimony and that you always know that Heavenly Father loves you and thinks about you everyday. There are bad things that happen within our lives, He and the Savior are there to help us seek out the positives in the mist of the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment